Autumnal round-up of all things Urbane
Autumn has been very busy so far so we thought we’d share with you some of our news:
- A few months ago, we signed Geoff Thompson’s long awaited sequel to Watch My Back. This next instalment of his memoirs is called Notes from a Factory Floor and will publish in April 2020. We’re thrilled!
- ‘We’re delighted to announce further forays into the world of Urbane audiobooks with Clare Johnston’s From the Outside, available now on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outside-Tale-Regret-Redemption-World/dp/B07WNY91LB/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=from+the+outside&qid=1572978673&sr=8-2 This will be followed in mid November by Christopher Lowery’s The Mosul Legacy.
- We’re currently sifting through a treasure trove of photographs from the swinging 60s and 70s to include in Jenny Boyd’s beautiful memoir which will hit the bookshops in March 2020.
- Shaz Nawaz aka the Profit Wizard (!) is writing a book for budding and not so budding entrepreneurs under our business imprint which will publish in spring 2020. And Rosie Tomkins’ N-Stinctive, out in the spring, brings a fascinating insight into ‘smart thinking’ and the concept of natural intelligence.
- We have a new sales team on board, bang the drum, who are as enthusiastic as we are about our upcoming publications.
- Our rights sales are increasing exponentially as our reputation grows and our list focuses. We recently returned from the Frankfurt Book Fair which was exhausting but interesting and more rights were sold and good contacts made.