Long gone are those days when copying a painting was done manually by spending hours using pencil and paper. Nowadays, it’s very much possible to print directly on the canvases. How is this possible? With the latest canvas printers, of course.
As canvases are far different from normal paper or sheets, special kinds of printers featuring advanced technicalities are recommended by experts to print on them. Otherwise, a piece of art might lose its precision, perfection, and color grading because of poor printing quality.
That being said, our expert technical team has gone through all the latest models of printers to come up with this list of best canvas printers. Hope, the following ten products would come to your rescue in concealing fine arts or photographs at their best.
|1. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer||HP instant ink eligible|
Beautiful borderless printing
Auto both side printing
|2. Canon PIXMA G6020 Wireless MegaTank Printer||Plus size ink bottles|
30 times more cartridges
Compatible with most devices
|3. Canon TS6420 All in One Wireless Printer||Easy to use|
1.44” OLED display
Quick printing by using the Canon PRINT app
|4. Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Color Printer||Affordable price range|
Cartridge free printing
2.4” color display
|5. Canon TR7020 Black Color Wireless Printer||Fast and facile scan, copy, and printing tool|
Clear 1.44” OLED display
|6. Canon TS9521C Wireless Crafting Photo Printer||Maximum device compatibility|
12”x12” borderless printing output
Full of fun features
|7. HP Tango Smart Wireless Printer||Voice-activated printing|
Professional printing quality
|8. HP DeskJet 3752 Compact Color Inkjet Printer||Power-packed printing output|
Easy and simple setup
|9. Brother MFC-J497DW Multifunction Printer||Compact design|
Versatile paper handling
Built-in wireless system
|10. Canon ImagePROGRAF TA-20 Large Format Inkjet Printer||Cheapest large format printer|
Free poster creating software
Impressive photo printing quality
Our Favourite Best Canvas Printer
Top 10 Best Canvas Printer Reviews- 2022
First on the list, let’s meet a powerful canvas printer from HP, a renowned name in the printing field. This all-in-one wireless printer permits premium printing quality right from mobile devices. Apart from printing, it is applicable for scanning, faxing, copying, etc. as well. Being designed for productive performance, this HP instant ink eligible printer produces authentic color grading and stunning photo quality.
- Connectivity: Put your trust in the wireless connectivity of this device that is compatible with dual-band wifi and Bluetooth. It’s also connected to an ethernet connection for wired networking. A superfast lightning setup makes it more reliable as well.
- Paper Size Support: We loved the power playing performance of HP 7855 due to its wide range of paper size support. It supports 4×5 inches, 4×6 inches, 5×7 inches, 8×10 inches, No 10 envelope size along with the letter and legal paper facilitation.
- Direct Printing: One of the most adorable inclusions of this canvas printer is the color touchscreen that works in collaboration with the dedicated paper trays. Therefore, you can directly print photos from an SD card or USB by making necessary edits. The paper trays automatically get adapted to both the paper type and print settings.
- Powerful Printing App: Its powerful HP smart app allows printing from Google Drive, iCloud, social media, etc. with minimum setup.
- Operating System: The printer is eligible to be used with Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows without any difficulty.
- Low-cost printing within less than 5 cents per photo
- Allows both borderless and wireless printing
- Countable wireless connection
- Original HP instant ink delivery
- Automatic both side printing at a high printing speed
- The screen might freeze frequently
- Requires restarts after using for a while
- Needs constant cartridges replacement
In the second place, we are going to review a world-class printer for canvas. Meet an amazing printer from Canon, a name that needs no introduction when it comes to producing printing machinery.
Being tooled with inkjet printing technology, this too is an all-in-one printer like the HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer. Let’s heed to its main features.
- Ink Saving Option: Along with the plus-size ink bottle set, you get two additional black bottles that offer you great value for money.
- Effortless Connection: Canon maintained easy and effortless networking while designing this printing device. Resultantly, you can connect it to your laptop, tablet, or smartphone without any hassle. The connections are quite quick as well!
- Multitasking: You will love the multitasking performances in high-quality printing, scanning, and copying. In fact, it meets all your printing requirements by delivering a high page yield with sharp and vivid texts and images, respectively.
- Cost-effective Printing: Tired of replacing costly cartridges frequently? Not anymore. Canon PIXMA G6020 comes with 30 times more cartridges than any contemporary canvas printer.
- Paper Capacity: The maximum of 350 sheets of plain paper capacity with 1200× 2400 optical resolutions is quite impressive for any standard canvas printer.
- Comfortable and cost-effective printing
- Maintains high-quality, accurate color grading, and exact sharpness in printing texts and images
- Compatible with most of the devices
- Prints up to 6000 black and 7700 color pages
- 30 times more cartridges than its competitors
- A bit complicated setup
- Some users faced connection issues
3. Canon TS6420 All in One Wireless Printer
Next on the list, we have another outstanding printing device which is again from the Canon family. You cannot but admit that it is one of the best black canvas printers after going through its advantages.
This too is architectured with inkjet technology like Canon’s other products. However, the all-in-one printing formula cooperates with the compact structure to fit your busy schedules.
- Easy to Use: The manufacturers included no unnecessary setup system that makes it complicated for the users. Instead, the whole installation is fast and facile with a user-friendly interface.
- OLED Display: It comes with a 1.44 inches OLED display that offers a transparent view to navigate the features perfectly. As a result, you can read all the statuses and messages clearly and scan, copy, or print as per instructions.
- Canon PRINT App: Experience hassle-free printing from your favorite devices to cherish your memorable photos forever. The Canon PRINT app makes it happen within the palm of your hand by allowing rapid and reliable printing from your mobile phones.
- Creative Printing: Not only the Canon PRINT app but also the Easy-PhotoPrint Editor app and the Canon Creative Park app are there to allow necessary editings for creative printing.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: The smart wifi connectivity permits comfortable printing from any room using laptops, computers, or smartphones.
- Beautiful borderless printing due to the auto-duplex feature
- Rapid and reliable setup
- 1.44″ bright-lit display for a crystalline vision
- Compact craftsmanship makes it durable for regular use
- Safe wireless connectivity
- Cheap materials lack quality control
- Not compatible with 5.0Hz operation for wireless printing and scanning
4. Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Color Printer
On the fourth spot, meet one of the most affordable canvas printers for quick and quality printout. Epson innovated this exclusive printer with some outstanding amenities. Resultantly, you can use it both at home and in the office. How amazing, isn’t it?
Howsoever, we liked this easy-to-use printing machine for its cartridge-free solution, high-resolution scanner, and easily refillable ink tanks. What’s more does it offer? Let’s explore the details!
- Budget-friendly Ink Replacement: Prints up to 7500 black and 6000 color pages with the replacement ink bottles. You can save up to 90% ink solution in this way.
- Cartridge-free Printing: Experience easy and worry less printing as Epson EcoTank ET-3760 comes with exclusive EcoFit bottles. These high-capacity ink tanks save you from frequent cartridge replacement by making the refilling process easier than ever. Moreover, it also reduces cartridge waste to a notable extent.
- Premium Printing Quality: Epson engineered the printer with unique PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology. As a result, you can get outstanding printing quality with impressive sharp texts along with vibrant photos and graphics.
- Productive Paper Handling: It can literally be the perfect canvas printer for your versatile printing needs featuring an auto document feeder. Furthermore, both-sided automatic printing saves paper a lot. Also, it ensures high productivity by being compatible with any paper type.
- Color Display: Coming with a 2.4″ color display, it can be a solid selection for vivid and vibrant printing output.
- Painless setup without a single problem
- Both for home and office use
- Speedy drives and software download
- A wide array of sheet size compatibility with variable paper choice
- Zero cartridge waste with worry-free ink refilling
- Doesn’t come with a rear paper tray
- In the case of borderless printing, you have to give up on two-sided, multi-page, or color printing
5. Canon TR7020 Black Color Wireless Printer
If you are in need of the best printer for canvas for home use, give this all-in-one device a shot. Put your trust again in Canon and you won’t regret it. Their TR7020 inkjet printer is literally the best for home purposes.
Pretty similar to the Canon TS6420 All in One Wireless Printer, it has more or less the same features like 1.44″ OLED display, Canon PRINT app, auto-duplex printing, etc. But how do they work to offer you high-grade printouts? Let’s learn below”
- Auto Document Feeder: The 35-sheet compact ADF makes the copy, scan, and print faster compared to other canvas printers. You can even print multi-page documents within a very short time.
- Square Photos: We loved the stunning square-shaped photos provided by this exclusive printer. You too can enjoy the vibrant visuals in the 5″×5″ or 3.5″×3.5″ shape in square Canon photo paper.
- Connectivity Technology: Apart from fast and facile setup and quick printing capability, it offers the easiest connection too. Bluetooth, wifi, and USB connections mark it as one of the safest printers for canvas printing in terms of printing from PC or smartphones.
- Clear OLED Screen: The 1.44″ brightly lit OLED display makes it super fast and easy to navigate the features by representing a crystal clear view.
- Versatility: Canon didn’t only design the printer for printing purposes but also handle a wide range of tasks such as printing home assignments, scanning a signed contract, etc. Besides managing home tasks, it is also useful to maintain office work.
- Both front and rear paper feeding
- Simple setup with versatile use
- Wireless reliable connection with maximum device compatibility
- Compact auto document feeder allows multi-page scanning
- Better printing quality compared to the reasonable price range
- Holds only a few sheets of paper
- Ink cartridges are not easily available
6. Canon TS9521C Wireless Crafting Photo Printer
We have too many printers from Canon, isn’t it? Well, it’s true and done purposefully due to the outperforming ability of Canon when it comes to producing high-tech canvas printers.
The sixth place of this review is occupied by the TS9521C photo printer from the Canon empire which is convenient for any crafting project. It offers five different inks that are suitable for your everyday printing requirements.
- Maximum Device Connectivity: Canon prepared this power player with compatibility with any smart device. Be it your tablet, memory card, smartphone, or PC- you can anytime connect them to it and start printing.
- Variety of Projects: The PIXMA TS9512C represents versatility at its best by maintaining multiple crafting tasks at a time. The auto document feeder scans multi-page documents efficiently.
- Operating System: Being compatible with both Windows and Mac, it offers widespread operation with all your favorite devices.
- Connections: Tailored to deal with the far-reaching connections of Bluetooth, wifi, AirPrint, and Morea Print- it has a built-in SD card slot that meets your expectations in terms of multipurpose prints.
- 12″×12″ Borderless Printing: Meets your ultimate versatility needs by featuring 12″×12″ beautiful borderless printing along with extensive paper feeding options.
- A feature-rich printer full of fun features
- Built-in printable patterns assure absolute versatility in printing and crafting
- Compatible with Canon PRINT app to let you print from the cloud-based platform like social media
- 4.3″ large LCD touchscreen
- Up to 12×12″ paper size support
- Sometimes you might face paper jamming
- Ink runs short too fast
- Doesn’t work with generic ink cartridges, you need to buy the expensive Canon one
7. HP Tango Smart Wireless Printer
If you opt for interruption-free printing, don’t hesitate to have this wonderful canvas photo printer from the HP universe. The specialized Tango model comes with instant ink before you run short. Basically, it comes with a monthly ink plan based on pages printed. So, you will never be out of ink. How amazing!!
- Voice-Activated Printing: Too busy to sit by a printer and then print your stuff? No worries as HP has particularly come with a mobile phone-friendly printer. Their Tango smart printer permits voice-activated and hands-free printing from home, office, coffee shop- basically from anywhere you want.
- Professional level Printing: Whether you need regular photos of 8.5×14″ or 5×7″ borderless photos, count on this marvelous HP model that maintains high accuracy in color combination. Besides, the texts are as crisp as you see on the mobile. What more do you need for a professional-grade photo print?
- Rapid and Reliable Connection: The whole setup is finished within minutes from your cell phone. Then enjoy the reliable networking system of dual-band wifi while printing.
- HP smart app calculates the ink and paper level
- A paid HP ink plan offers free photo print up to 5×7″
- Hands-free printing makes you more productive
- World’s first smart home printer to handle hassle-free printing from anywhere
- AirPrint compatible to provide pithy and powerful photo quality
- Has issues with Mac operating system
- You cannot scan or copy from it without a smartphone
8. HP DeskJet 3752 Compact Color Inkjet Printer
At the eighth place, we have another prominent HP canvas printer that comes with inkjet printing technology like any other premium quality printer.
However, you can enjoy an all-in-one wireless performance with this compact printing device. In fact, it’s the smallest all-in-one printer in the world that fits literally anywhere.
- Affordable: You don’t need to spend much on this printer to get a power-packed printing output. In fact, it works really great within an affordable budget, nearly like the high-end ones.
- Original HP Ink Cartridge: Comes with original HP ink cartridge facility to let you scan, copy, and print comfortably.
- Wireless Printing: It prints wirelessly over wifi from smartphones, tablets, notebooks, etc. You can print at home, in the office, or on the go, thanks to its superb wireless connectivity.
- Simple Setup: The super fast setup procedure is really commendable when it comes to adjusting to your active lifestyle. Besides, you can send the documents directly from your mobile phone.
- Space Saver: The tiny ergonomic design with only 5.13 lbs weight fits literally anywhere, even in the tightest setup. Although the miniature form organism doesn’t affect the all-in-one performance.
- Works great for the cheap price range
- Very lightweight and therefore, a perfect travel-friendly printer
- The latest wireless technology makes mobile printing easier than ever
- Doesn’t come with a computer printer cord
- Ink runs short too quickly
- No instruction book included to guide the first time users
9. Brother MFC-J497DW Multifunction Printer
As the name suggests, now you are going to be introduced with a multifunction printer from Brother, another reliable name among the printer manufacturers. It, too, is a wireless printer. Talking about the special features, it comes with an auto-duplex printing advantage like the Canon TS6420 All in One Wireless Printer. As a result, you can consider it as one of the best printers for canvas for professional photo prints.
- Size: The product has dimensions of 13.4×15.7×6.8 inches along with a weight of 19.51 pounds. You will love the compact architecture for its eligibility to fit in the narrow spaces, be it home or workplace.
- Intuitive Cloud Connection: You can quickly scan documents through Brother Cloud apps. Moreover, you can scan directly to the folksy cloud services using the printer such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
- Flexible Paper Handling: It is adjustable to the versatile paper range including letter and legal-sized paper. On top of that, the auto document feeder and 100 sheet paper tray are the two most exciting add-ons of this plain paper printer.
- Versatile connections with a built-in wireless system
- Compact craftsmanship allows scan, copy, fax, and print comfortably
- Superfast scanning to share the documents directly
- Versatile paper handling accompanies high photo print output
- Although refurbished, replacement and refund option is available
- Not as fast as the original one
- You might face an error while copying something
10. Canon ImagePROGRAF TA-20 Large Format Inkjet Printer
Let’s put an end to the review section with a large format Canon printer that performs surprisingly well when it comes to canvas printing. You can print CAD drawings, maps, wall and window posters, and many more with this out-of-the-box printing tool.
Let’s analyze its pivotal points below!
- Multipurpose Use: Thanks to its consolidated craftsmanship, it fits any printing needs including office work, class assignments, marketing, or architectural demand.
- Low-Cost Printer: Considering the price tag of its contemporary large format printers, we can definitely say that it’s the most low-cost deal for those who are recently into these printing tools.
- Free Poster Creation Software: Yes, you read it right. It comes with completely free poster creating software which provides all the necessary printing tools to grow your business like never before.
- Size: This Canon inkjet printer for canvas printing is 24 inches in size. Due to the compact architecture with an elegant outlook, it can be placed anywhere.
- Print Media: The TA-20 large format printing machine can print on glossy photo paper, fabric, and banner paper.
- Impactful printing quality
- Suitable for versatile usage like marketing, engineering firms, design companies, household tasks, etc.
- Trustworthy USB and ethernet connectivity
- Superfast printing speed
- Easy and straightforward arrangement within a few minutes
- Ink is consumed too quickly
- No fine art media support
- Doesn’t include any testing paper
Best Canvas Printer Buying Guide
Apart from considering the advantages and disadvantages of a printer, there are some key factors that decide whether it will be a good or bad pick for printing on a canvas. You must check out these things before buying the best canvas printer so that the artwork doesn’t lose its demeanor once it’s printed. The list of the key considerations are as follow-
Canvas printers must be capable on large printing surfaces. Otherwise, you cannot transfer a painting to a canvas or presentation board. So, the selection system must focus on how large printing output a printer can produce. In this regard, look for the paper size support and dimensions to buy the best large canvas printing machine.
As for professional artists or photographers, it is an essential must to have versatile individual ink cartridges. The more the color choice options, the better the image quality. We recommend having inbuilt refillable ink cartridges that come with a minimum of 5 or 6 sets. Of course, having a set of 8 or 9 ink cartridges will be far better for a vivid presentation.
Printing canvases are thicker and wider than regular paper. So, they are supposed to be different. But apart from printing on large canvases, they must be compatible to work on other materials like plain paper, photo paper, regular sheet, or fine art paper. This criterion makes the printing machine more desirable.
For a quality canvas printer, you must check first whether it’s compatible with all the operating systems you are going to connect to it. Besides, it should be workable with different devices in versatile file formats. For instance, a Windows-operated printer will not work with an iOS system. So, choose an extensive range of harmony with multiple operations.
Canvas printers are the best tool to help in your tight schedules by lessening work pressure, right. In that case, loom for a convenient printing speed that satisfies you completing the lengthy tasks in minutes.
As all the printers we discussed earlier are wireless, you must have understood that they are the most advantageous to connect to your tablets, cellphones, or computer over wifi. The biggest benefit of these wireless devices is that you can place them anywhere, not necessarily beside your device.
On top of that, printers like Canon TS6420 All in One Wireless Printer allow direct printing from the device being operated by Air Print or Google Cloud Print technology. You don’t even need to be beside the machine.
Look for devices with maximum photo resolutions if you want the canvas prints to look flawless after being printed. This can really make a huge difference in printing outputs. Usually, most affordable canvas printers have a resolution of 4800×2400 dpi.
Considering printing images or photographs on a canvas at home? Follow the following steps to succeed at the first attempt.
Purchase an ideal inkjet printer of your choice. You can try any latest model from Canon or HP. Then choose the correct canvas of your preference from any crafting store. Remember, the printable canvas must get along with your inkjet printer.
Now, select what artwork you want to print. Digitized art prints are good options to give a try. Once purchased or downloaded your selected print, you can edit it making necessary changes by using your computer or notebook. Starting from color correction, you can resize the photo as well. However, save the final version of your editing.
In this step, set up the printer properly and connect it to your device. Add a leader strip to the canvas to set it correctly into the printing machine. Then you need to add an extra inch to the printing document. Do this by opening the “Print Settings” option.
Now, it’s time to load the canvas into the printer using the rear feed tray. Also, click on the “Rear Manual” button on your computer to set the feed.
Finally, it’s time to print your desired painting or photograph. Once you finish, remove the canvas carefully. Leaving it for a few minutes to dry will be wiser so that the ink doesn’t spread around.
This is how you can easily print on a canvas at home.
Using a canvas printer is no rocket science. Although they are different from regular printers in many aspects, canvas printing is pretty similar to normal, everyday printing.
For professional canvas printers, there are some rules to maintain professional image quality. Here are they-
You must use the correct canvas that is compatible with your printer. Otherwise, you will end up having faulty printouts.
To make sure that your printing output will be square and straight, using a leader strip for feeding the canvas into the printer is mandatory. Especially, when you are using a sheet canvas in cooperation with a desktop printer.
Always try to use the manual feeding process. No matter how much you try, the auto-feed paper tray wouldn’t feed the canvas accurately.
Never compromise with color grading and resolutions. Always select the highest resolutions for canvas printing. Otherwise, the photo print will look horrible and all the print lines will be visible.
Many of us are always confused on which side of the canvas we should print? The answer is pretty simple- on the right side. Fear not as maximum canvas comes with a watermark on the wrong side. That is basically the non-printing edge.
Nevertheless, some printer canvas doesn’t have any watermarks. In that case, touch the canvas surface with your fingers. If you can feel a texture, congratulations, you got the correct side of printing!
Following these basic rules to run a canvas printing tool would do no harm, but let your printing outputs look greater.
For printing on canvas, you need printers that ensure remarkable color grading and excellent accuracy when the painting is transferred on a canvas. Moreover, they must be capable of providing larger printing outputs.
Usually, canvas printers are particularly designed with large formats. They also efficiently print pictures in high resolution without distorting the actual excellence of the painting. To maintain the exactness of any artwork, you should go for graphics and photographic printers that provide ultimate quality control.
Absolutely yes. You can directly print on the canvas in this way. As canvas media is sold both in sheet and rolled form, buy some of your choices and put them on the home printer you have.
Canvas photo prints may turn out to be more precious than your imagination. You can sell them at pretty good prices. Try selling them online on some art-related websites or you can sell them at any local fair.
Canvas photo printers vary in price range based on their sizes and frames. Usually, the price starts from a few bucks and ranges up to several hundred dollars. The more advantages you want to add, the more you have to pay.
Printers for household usage are not suitable for canvas photo prints as they lack so many modern amenities. Besides, the best canvas printers must be proficient in printing not only images or documents but also banners, maps, posters, signatures, and so on.
For such an expensive electric appliance, proper research is an absolute must before making a wise selection. Here, we tried our best to present you with top-quality printers for classy canvas prints. Any of the top picks produce an excellent printing outcome unfailingly.
However, as a cheap canvas printer, you can try Brother MFC-J497DW Multifunction Printer. For crafting or scrapbooking, Canon TS9521C Wireless Crafting Photo Printer is a good choice. And for the smallest and lightest of all, go for HP DeskJet 3752 Compact Color Inkjet Printer. For further queries in this regard, put your thoughts in the comment section below.